Powered By Blogger

Friday, February 19, 2010

Chapter One

So many people kept telling me, OMG! "You have to write a book." Well, ok then! Where do you start?
I opened one eye to find it was morning. The sunlight was streaming through small crack in Ridel's spare bedroom and spilling onto the bed, warming my arm. My hand was ice cold from leaving it out of the down comforter all night. I was on my side staring at a crack in the paint on the whitewashed wall. After all, I had to weigh my options. Was it too early to get up? What time was it? I thought. It has to be early, I always wake up early after a long trip. I didn't hear the tv or any music, or voices for that matter. When your as famous as I am, you have to make sure that you know who is around and where you are, even before exiting the bed.

My name is Cammy Bell. Yup, THAT Cammy Bell.

I hate that name. It's not my real name it's something my agent and I thought up one night when we were sloshed on gin and tonics. Double gin and tonics.

The comforter was so soft, so warm, my bed was like a little cocoon, like the kind I would find when I was child, exploring the fields and opening up milkweed pods and find the silkiness within.

No comments:

Post a Comment

I want to know who you are and keep it clean and civilized. :)